Safety & care tips to enjoy your scented candles
- Never leave a lighted candle unattended.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn a scented candle near anything flammable and always burn in a draft free area.
- Never touch the outside of a glass candle once lit: wait until it has been extinguished and cooled before touching or moving.
- It’s best to extinguish candles with a snuffer, and extinguished 10mm from the base
- Always burn on a suitable holder and on a heat resistant surface.
- Never add fragrance oils or foreign items into the candle
- Keep scented candles 10cm apart when burning them in groups
- Keep your scented candles free from dust.
- When burning for the 1st time, allow the candle surface to melt to the rim, this will aid burning and prevent your candle from tunnelling.
- Trim the wick to 5mm before lighting or relighting.
- Most importantly...enjoy!
Safety & care tips to enjoy your reed diffusers
- Diffusers contain a flammable liquid, so always keep away from children and pets.
- Diffusers work best when they have plenty of space so they can diffuse the wonderful fragrance through the full 360 degrees.
- The more reeds you use the more fragrance release you will enjoy.
- Flip the reeds on a regular basis to maintain high fragrance release. Always do so over a paper towel to protect surface tops.
- Do no place on varnished or plastic surface which may get damaged by the fragrance oils.
- Always wash your hands after handling.
- Refills are available for continuous enjoyment.
- Most importantly...enjoy!
Scented candle FAQs
What type of wax do you use?
We offer both mineral wax and our own secret blend of natural wax. Our blend ensures a clean burn with an excellent scent throw to give you the best experience.
Do your wicks contain lead?
No. All of our wicks are made of cotton and are lead free.
Are your fragrances 100% natural?
Our pioneering fragrances are continually being reinvented as science and technology moves forward. They are a blend of science meets nature, as it is our mission to make our products with the safest, most beneficial and highest quality ingredients all produced and developed here in the UK. Our candles are 100% safe and fragrance beautifully.
Why are there wet spots on my candle?
These spots are caused by wax shrinkage. Wax naturally constricts when it is cool and expands when it is warm, so the spots aren’t wet spots, it is what occurs when the wax pulls away. This has absolutely no effect on the burn time of the candle or its ability to fragrance well.
How can I get my candle to burn down evenly?
By using a cotton wax with our unique wax blend, we hope to eliminate any uneven burning or ‘tunneling’. There are however ways to help reduce an uneven burn on your candle at home. Just make sure that when you first light your candle you have trimmed the wick is to at least 1cm. Upon its first burn, make sure that the wax melts all the way to the edge. Wax has a ‘memory’ and if you only allow a small pool of wax to melt, it will only burn to that diameter in the future. Take some time out to enjoy your candle on its first burn and it will burn evenly forevermore!
Can I buy candle refills?
Only our Botanical collection comes with candle refills. These come in packs of 3 and have the same burn time as the candle which originally comes in the Botanical tumbler.
Reed diffuser FAQs
What are the benefits of reed diffusers?
Reed diffusers are a safe way to continuously fragrance your home without the worry of a naked flame.
How do reed diffusers work?
The more reeds you have in a diffuser, the more fragrance release you will achieve. The reeds need to be flipped weekly in order to keep the scent in your home. The diffuser reeds absorb the fragrance oil and disperse the scent into the air. The more space your diffuser has, the better the scent.
Can I re-use my diffuser reeds?
No. Once you have used your reeds in one oil they cannot be used in a different oil. Re-using reeds may produce an undesirable scent when the oils mix. It is always best to use new reeds with each new fragrance.
Why does my diffuser liquid discolour?
You may find that the liquid in your diffuser may change colour. This doesn’t mean that it is faulty! Direct sunlight may cause some discolouration so moving your diffuser will reduce this from happening.
Can I buy diffuser refills?
Yes! All of our diffusers in each collection have refills which can be purchased individually.
Room spray FAQs
Are room sprays safe to use around children?
Our room sprays are completely safe to use around children and animals. Never spray on skin. Always spray away from materials.
Why use a room spray?
Room sprays are great if you are looking for an instant blast of fragrance. They are instant whereas a candle may take some time for the fragrance to radiate.
Will my products come with legal labels?
All our products at Stoneglow leave our premises with the correct legal labels on them. These are called CLP labels and they contain common safety symbols as well as safety directions for added assurance.
Can I buy your candles and diffusers online?
Yes! There's an online shop here. You can see our full range of candles and diffusers, plus regular sales. We often add new ranges, so please come back and visit our shop again soon.
You may find these links useful: