Safety & care tips to enjoy your scented candles
- Never leave a lighted candle unattended.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn a scented candle near anything flammable and always burn them in a draft free area.
- Never touch the outside of a glass candle once lit: wait until it has been extinguished and cooled before touching or moving it.
- It’s best to extinguish candles with a snuffer, and extinguish 10mm from the base
- Always burn on a suitable holder and on a heat resistant surface.
- Never add fragrance oils or foreign items into the candle.
- Keep scented candles 10cm apart when burning them in groups.
- Keep your scented candles free from dust and foreign objects such as match tips and hair, as this may cause a secondary wick to form.
- When burning for the 1st time, allow the candle to rest a room temperature
- Wax has a memory so allow the surface to melt to the rim, this will aid burning and prevent your candle from tunnelling.
- Short burn cycles will create tunnelling, therefore we recommend you burn candles for 2 to 4 hours to avoid tunnelling, allowing the wax to liquify all the way to the rim.
- Trim the wick to 5mm before lighting or relighting.
Safety & care tips to enjoy your reed diffusers
- Diffusers can contain a flammable liquid, so always keep them away from children and pets.
- Diffusers work best when they have plenty of space so they can diffuse the wonderful fragrance through the full 360 degrees.
- The more reeds you use the more fragrance release you will enjoy.
- Flip the reeds on a regular basis to maintain high fragrance release. Always do so over a paper towel to protect surface tops.
- Do no place on varnished or plastic surface which may get damaged by the fragrance oils.
- Always wash your hands after handling.
- Refills are available for continuous enjoyment but be sure to use fresh reed sticks!
- Most importantly...enjoy!
Perfume Mist Diffuser - use ultrasonic technology designed to deliver the perfect amount of scent in minutes, with the power to fragrance your home and transform your mood with a collection of captivating fragrances by Stoneglow.
Safety & care tips to enjoy your Perfume Mist Diffusers
- Never allow water inside the electrics, always fill with the pouring jug supplied and never from a running tap to avoid splashes.
- Do not exceed the maximum water level.
- Our oils are concentrated fragrances Therefore never pour oils over the ceramic lid. Wipe immediately if oil comes into contact with the ceramic lid, as this can affect the finish and is not covered by the warranty.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets. Wagging tails can pull over leads so keep out of reach.
- Do not use under a shelf, such as the Stoneglow display stand. The mist needs good over head clearance in order to dispense. Moisture can be trapped if not enough clearance is permitted, and damage other materials like fabrics or packaging if nearby.
- We only recommend using Stoneglow Oils in order to retain the warranty. Add 2 to 10 drops in 100mls of water to enjoy the beautiful aromas.
- Empty any excess water and use a kitchen cloth or towel to wipe away any residue and then wipe dry with a clean cloth after each use. This is because oils, can cause damage to the ceramic disc if left in the water tank. This type of damage is not covered under the warranty
Scented candle FAQs
What type of wax do you use?
We offer mineral wax, soy wax and our own secret blend of natural wax. Our blend ensures a clean burn with an excellent scent throw to give you the best experience.
Do your wicks contain lead?
No. All of our wicks are made of cotton and are lead free.
Are your fragrances 100% natural?
Our pioneering fragrances are continually being reinvented as science and technology moves forward. They are a blend of science meets nature, as it is our mission to make our products with the safest, most beneficial and highest quality ingredients all produced and developed here in the UK. Our candles are 100% safe and fragrance beautifully. For essential oils check out our Wellbeing Collection
Why are there wet spots on my candle?
These spots are caused by wax shrinkage, often referred to a Wax Pull Away. Wax naturally constricts when it is cool and expands when it is warm, so the spots aren’t wet spots, it is what occurs when the wax pulls away from the glass. This has absolutely no effect on the burn time or quality of the candle or its ability to fragrance well.
How can I get my candle to burn down evenly?
By using a cotton wax with our unique wax blend, we hope to eliminate any uneven burning or ‘tunneling’. There are however ways to help reduce an uneven burn on your candle at home. Just make sure that when you first light your candle you have trimmed the wick is to at least 1cm. Upon its first burn, make sure that the wax melts all the way to the edge. Wax has a ‘memory’ and if you only allow a small pool of wax to melt, it will only burn to that diameter in the future. Take some time out to enjoy your candle on its first burn and it will burn evenly forevermore!
Can I buy candle refills?
Only our Botanical collection comes with candle refills. These come in packs of 3 and have the same burn time as the candle which originally comes in the Botanical tumbler.
Reed diffuser FAQs
What are the benefits of reed diffusers?
Reed diffusers are a safe way to continuously fragrance your home without the worry of a naked flame.
How do reed diffusers work?
The more reeds you have in a diffuser, the more fragrance release you will achieve. The reeds need to be flipped weekly in order to keep the scent in your home. The diffuser reeds absorb the fragrance oil and disperse the scent into the air. The more space your diffuser has, the better the scent.
Can I re-use my diffuser reeds?
No. Once you have used your reeds in one oil they cannot be used in a different oil. Re-using reeds may produce an undesirable scent when the oils mix. It is always best to use new reeds with each new fragrance.
Why does my diffuser liquid discolour?
You may find that the liquid in your diffuser may change colour. This doesn’t mean that it is faulty! Direct sunlight may cause some discolouration so moving your diffuser will reduce this from happening.
Can I buy diffuser refills?
Yes! All of our diffusers in each collection have refills which can be purchased individually. Now in Glass Bottles (our pledge to reduce single use plastics).
Room spray FAQs
Are room sprays safe to use around children?
Our room spray/home mists and pillow sprays s are completely safe to use around children and animals. Never spray on skin. They are flammable so keep away from fire and heat sources.
Why use a room spray?
Room sprays are great if you are looking for an instant blast of fragrance. They are instant whereas a candle may take some time for the fragrance to radiate.
Will my products come with legal labels?
All our products at Stoneglow leave our premises with the correct legal labels on them. These are called CLP labels and they contain common safety symbols as well as safety directions for added assurance.
Can I buy your candles and diffusers online?
Yes! There's an online shop here. You can see our full range of candles and diffusers, plus regular sales. We often add new ranges, so please come back and visit our shop again soon.
You may find these links useful: